Bodies of Two Kidnapped Foreign Women Recovered in Anambra River

millionaire marathon competition. Police arrest suspected killers ,Anambra Anglican priest resigns, Anambra govt reaffirms commitment, social amenities in rural schools , grassroots mobilization, Anambra community appeals to Soludo, Anambra community suspends , Five killed as gunmen clash with IPOB in Anambra, Anambra community declares operation, Road accident claims three, Hoodlums arrested, Gunmen kill two soldiers in Anambra, Gunmen kill five people in Anambra beer parlour, Foundation offers medical care, Road accident kill three persons, Soldier kills revenue collector, peaceful Anambra governorship election, Agricultural Anambra, guber primaries, Police arrest woman

The Anambra State Police Command on Saturday, confirmed the recovery of two female bodies believed to be among three Cameroonian women allegedly kidnapped in the state.

The bodies were discovered in the Omambala River, Anambra West Local Government Area.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, stated that the discovery followed intensive search operations conducted on Friday evening, 28th November 2025, by operatives from the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers.

“The recovered bodies have been positively identified by the family as Mrs Bognou Alice and her niece, Miss Sandra,” SP Tochukwu said, adding,“Both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further forensic examination and investigative procedures.”

READ ALSO  Troops Kill Bandits, Rescue 10 Victims Chained In Forest

The police had earlier arrested two suspects, Nonso Augustine Akpeh, 37, and Kingsley Akpeh, 44, who are cooperating with investigators.

A third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, remains at large, with security operatives intensifying efforts to apprehend him.

Commissioner of Police, CP Ikioye Orutugu, Ikenga said had extended condolences to the bereaved families and assured the public of the Command’s commitment to justice and security.

The CP further directed all units to strengthen operational activities aimed at recovering the remaining kidnapped victim.

The tragic discovery has sent shockCwaves across the state, highlighting growing concerns over the security of foreign nationals and residents alike.

READ ALSO  Jailbreak: FG Launches Manhunt For 575 Fleeing Inmates, As 262 Recaptured

Authorities have urged the public to remain vigilant and report any information that could assist in the ongoing investigation.


Post Comment