EFCC Investigation Claim Against Me is False and Malicious — Fadipe IBK

Former Chairman of the Osun State Universal Basic Education Board, Hon. Fadipe Ibukun Ishola, has dismissed reports alleging that he is under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over alleged financial mismanagement during his tenure at the board.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the former SUBEB chairman described the publication as false, malicious and politically motivated, insisting that he had never been invited, queried, interrogated or investigated by the EFCC or any anti-corruption agency over allegations of fraud or misappropriation of public funds.

Fadipe said the report was a deliberate attempt by political opponents to tarnish his reputation and distract the people of Osun East from important issues ahead of the senatorial contest.

According to him, “I wish to categorically, clearly and unequivocally state that at no time have I been served any invitation letter, queried, interrogated or investigated by the EFCC, ICPC or any anti-corruption agency over allegations of fraud, misappropriation or mismanagement of public funds.

READ ALSO  EFCC Recovered N152b, $386m Last Year

“The publication in circulation is entirely false, baseless, misleading and a desperate fabrication by political detractors whose only objective is to smear my hard-earned reputation and distract the good people of Osun East from the issues that truly matter.

“I resigned from office honourably and voluntarily in line with my desire to further pursue my Senatorial aspiration for Osun East Senatorial District. Throughout my service as SUBEB Chairman, I discharged my responsibilities with utmost transparency, accountability, diligence and fear of God. Every project executed and every public fund committed under my leadership followed due process and government regulations.

“For the records, this is not my first time in public office. I served meritoriously as Executive Chairman of Ilesa West Local Government in 2008 under the administration of His Excellency, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, where I left behind developmental strides and a legacy of responsible leadership that remains unmatched till today.

READ ALSO  Husband Attempts To Abscond As Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets

“I therefore urge the public, members of the Accord, supporters and the entire people of Osun East to disregard the concocted lies being spread by agents of political bitterness and insecurity.

“No amount of blackmail, propaganda or sponsored falsehood can erase years of proven service, integrity and grassroots connection with the people.

“I remain focused, peaceful and committed to issue-based politics and the development of Osun East Senatorial District. I also extend my hand of fellowship to fellow aspirants and party stakeholders to work together in unity and common purpose for the growth of our party and the progress of our people.

“Truth does not fear propaganda. Character cannot be destroyed by lies,” he said.


Post Comment